If foreigners are now in Thailand and their next destination is Vietnam, do they need to apply Tourist Vietnam visa from Thailand for their tourist purposes? Let’s read all the information about the Tourist Vietnam visa from Thailand.
All of foreign visitors are required to hold a valid Vietnam Tourist Visa, except that their nationalities are in the Vietnam visa exemption list. If you have to apply for a Vietnam Visa from Thailand, do not worry, this kind of visa is very easy to get. Let’s discover step by step to know more about this kind of visa.
Vietnam travel visa – Vietnam tourist visa
Vietnam tourist visa for foreigners in general and Thailand citizens in particular is a landmark service initiated by the Government of Vietnam so as to travel to Vietnam.
All of foreign visitors, who travel to Vietnam from Thailand are required to hold a valid Vietnam tourist visa.
Vietnam also has exemption program, there are countries whose citizens are permitted to enter Vietnam without a visa, but of course there has a limited period. Please refer to the table below to check Vietnam tourist visa requirement first.
List of countries exempt from the visa to enter Vietnam
Thailand is in the Vietnam exemption list whose citizens are allowed to stay in Vietnam for less than 30 days without a visa. In case they want to stay for a longer period, Thai citizens still need to apply for a Tourist Vietnam visa from Thailand as usual.
If your nationality is not on the exemption list and you have required a Vietnam tourist visa, do not be worried. The process of getting a visa turns out to be simpler than you think, with lots of support from visa agents.
The validity of a tourist Vietnam visa from Thailand
As any kinds of visa, you need to apply for the period – how long you want to stay in Vietnam because its validity refers to the length of time you are permitted to stay. It is time period from the expected date of arrival on the application form to visa expiration date as shown on the visa and you can apply for a maximum validity of 3 months.
Note: You can obtain a Vietnam tourist visa by businessmen for a short business trip. Because the customs officer never concerns about your real purpose of the trip so there is not any problem at all when you do that.
How many types of Vietnam tourist visas?
There are four main types of Vietnam tourist visas:
- 30-day single entry visa: This visa is valid for 30 days and allows you to enter Vietnam once.
- 30-day multiple entry visa: This visa is valid for 30 days and allows you to enter Vietnam multiple times during the validity period.
- 90-day single entry visa: This visa is valid for 90 days and allows you to enter Vietnam once.
- 90-day multiple entry visa: This visa is valid for 90 days and allows you to enter Vietnam multiple times during the validity period.
In addition to the above, there are also a number of special tourist visas available, such as:
- Visa on arrival: This visa is available to citizens of certain countries and can be obtained upon arrival at a Vietnamese airport.
- E-visa: This visa is an electronic visa that can be obtained online.
- Transit visa: This visa is required for travelers who are passing through Vietnam on their way to another country.
The type of visa that you need will depend on your nationality, the length of your stay, and the purpose of your visit. For more information on Vietnam tourist visas, please visit the website of the Vietnam Immigration Department.
What are the procedures for a Vietnam tourist visa?
Applying for Vietnam tourist visa to Vietnam can be done personally or online depending on the mode of transport you use to enter Vietnam.
Enter by bus or cruise
Travelers who enter Vietnam by bus or cruise are required to apply Vietnam tourist visa at Embassy or Consulate before reaching the border. What do you need to prepare? You have to submit these requirements (which may vary slightly from embassy to embassy):
- Your original passport with at least 6 months validity
- Visa application form (available at embassy office)
- 01 recent passport-sized photo
- Vietnam visa fees from Thailand
To avoid long queue and wasting time, some embassies encourage the applicants to submit visa application by post or email. If you are unable to visit the embassy due to long distance or matters, you can contact the consular office in advance to check whether postal application is acceptable or not.
It will take you from 5 to 7 business days since the date of receipt of application to receive your visa. Expedited visa processing is available upon request.
Enter Vietnam by plane
We are happily to inform you that foreigners who arrive in Vietnam by air are able to get Vietnamese tourist visa either at embassy or Vietnam visa on arrival. We also recommend you to apply Vietnam visa on Arrival as it’s less time-consuming, hassle-free and cheap price.
How to apply for a Tourist Vietnam visa from Thailand?
By visiting the Vietnam Embassy in Thailand which is near your living, you can get Vietnam visa by coming in person or by post. The visa procedure may take several days (usually from 3 to 6 working days) and the visa fee may vary from embassy to embassy.
Applying Vietnam Tourist visa is a more complicated way than applying Vietnam Visa Online. You have to lodge your passport and relevant documents to the Vietnamese Embassy in Thailand. It’s inconvenient for someone living far. Sometimes your application is failed because of a missing passport, or important documents.
This way takes you a lot of time to apply and wait. You don’t know how the progress of your application is going on. If you want Visa urgently your Visa will be ready in time. This is a difficult question if you need a Vietnam Visa urgently such as on business, study, medical problems… In addition, you cannot restrain expenses and have to pay additional costs.
Embassy of Vietnam in Bangkok, Thailand
- Address: 83/1 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, THAILAND
- Phone: (662) 267 9602
- Fax: (662) 254 4630
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office hours for the public: 8h30 – 11h30; 13h30 -16h30 from Monday to Friday (Except Vietnamese and Thai public holidays).
Consulate General of Vietnam in KHON KAEN, Thailand
- Address: 65/6 Chatapadung, Khonkaen 40000, THAILAND
- Phone: (66) 4324 2190
- Fax: (66) 4324 1154
- Email: email@example.com
Applying for a Vietnam Visa Online For a Tourist Vietnam Visa from Thailand
- Fill in the Apply Vietnam Visa form with your information.
- Double-check your information and make a payment. This is the service fee for the visa agent to proceed with your visa application.
- Receive the approval letter within the days you choose. Normally, it takes you in 2 working days to get the letter.
- When you arrive at a Vietnam international airport, please present the approval letter, your passport, 2 passport photos (4×6 cm or 2×2 inches) and pay the stamping fee to get your Vietnam visa.
You should be noted:
- Service fee: This is the fee you pay visa agent for applying for your visa request.
- Stamping fee: This is the fee ruled by the Immigration Department that you have to pay in cash at your arrival airport to be granted a Vietnam visa.
- Your passport must be valid for at least six months and have at least 2 blank left pages.
- ONLY a person who travels by AIR to Vietnam can use Visa On Arrival.
- You can check your Vietnam visa fee.
Applying Vietnam visa on Arrival or Business Vietnam visa, you can get your Vietnam visa in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Hua Hin, Sukhothai, Krabi, Ayutthaya, Kanchanaburi or any cities in Thailand. Let’s apply visa at visaonlinevietnam.com!
ww.VisaOnlineVietnam.com is operated by VIETNAM VISA SERVICE., Co. LTD VIETNAM with more than 20-years experience in visa service and 22 years in traveling arrangements. This website was set up to offer visa applicants the most convenient but cheapest services that meet the criteria of Quality, Safety and Security; Reliability, Prompt Responses, Competitive Prices, and Customer-Focused Approach; save your time & money; Money money-back guarantees for declined applications.
In case there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at