Vietnam is a popular tourist destination known for its breathtaking natural beauty, delicious cuisine, and rich culture. However, before planning your trip to Vietnam, it’s important to understand the visa requirements. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about Vietnam tourist visa, including the different types, application process, costs, and tips to make the process smooth.
As mentioned earlier, there are three main types of Vietnam tourist visas: single-entry, multiple-entry, and 3-month visa. The type of visa you need will depend on the length of your stay in Vietnam and how many times you plan to enter the country.
Vietnam Tourist Visa Requirements
To apply for a Vietnam tourist visa, you’ll need the following documents:
- A valid passport that is at least six months old.
- A completed visa application form.
- A recent passport-sized photograph.
- A visa fee.
The visa fee varies depending on the type of visa you apply for. The single-entry visa costs USD25, the multiple-entry visa costs USD50, and the 3-month visa costs USD135.
How to Use Vietnam Tourist Visa
You can obtain a Vietnam tourist visa online, at a Vietnamese embassy or consulate, or through visa on arrival (VOA) at one of Vietnam’s international airports.
Online Application Process
To apply for a visa online, visit the website of the Vietnam Immigration Department and complete the online application form. After submitting the form, you’ll need to pay the visa fee and print out your visa approval letter, which you must bring with you when you travel to Vietnam.
Embassy or Consulate Application Process
To apply for a visa at a Vietnamese embassy or consulate, submit the required documents in person. After processing your application, the embassy or consulate will issue your visa.
Visa on Arrival (VOA) Application Process
To apply for VOA, present the required documents at a VOA counter at one of Vietnam’s international airports. The VOA counter will then issue your visa stamp in your passport.
Vietnam Tourist Visa Extension
If you need to extend your Vietnam tourist visa, you can do so at a Vietnamese immigration office. You’ll need to apply for an extension at least 15 days before your visa expires. Required documents include a completed visa extension application form, your passport, current visa, and a visa fee of USD50.
Advices for Vietnam Tourist Visa
Here are some tips to help make the Vietnam tourist visa application process smoother:
- Apply for the correct type of visa based on your travel plans.
- Apply well in advance of your trip to allow time for processing.
- Double-check all required documents before submitting.
- When using VOA, verify that the agency you’re using is legitimate to avoid scams.
- Use a visa travel agency to handle the process for you, if you’re not comfortable doing it yourself.
5 FAQs about Vietnam Tourist Visa
- Do I need to get a visa to enter Vietnam? Yes, most tourists require a visa to enter Vietnam.
- Can I obtain a Vietnam tourist visa upon arrival? Yes, you can obtain a visa on arrival (VOA) at one of Vietnam’s international airports. However, this option is only available to citizens of certain countries. Be sure to check if your country is eligible for VOA.
- How long does it take to process a Vietnam tourist visa application? It varies depending on the method of application. Applying online may take two to three business days, while applying at a consulate or embassy may take five to seven business days.
- Can I extend my Vietnam tourist visa? Yes, you can extend your visa by visiting a Vietnamese immigration office.
- Can I travel to other countries during my stay in Vietnam with a tourist visa? No, the Vietnam tourist visa only allows you to enter and exit Vietnam. If you plan to visit other countries during your trip, you’ll need to obtain separate visas for those countries.
In summary, obtaining a Vietnam tourist visa is a crucial step when planning a trip to this beautiful country. Remember to apply for the correct type of visa, submit all required documents, and allow ample time for processing. Whether you choose to apply online, at an embassy or consulate, or through VOA, keep in mind the necessary steps and requirements. With these tips and information, you can ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience when applying for a Vietnam tourist visa.