A Vietnam E-Visa is an electronic visa that allows foreign citizens to enter and travel within Vietnam for tourism, business, or transit purposes. It is a convenient and efficient way to obtain a visa without having to physically visit a Vietnamese embassy or consulate.
How to Get a Vietnam E-Visa?
To score a Vietnam e-visa, follow these easy steps:
- Visit Vietnam Immigration Department’s official website.
- Fill out the online application with your deets, passport info, and travel plans.
- Upload a passport-sized photo with a white background and a scanned copy of your passport’s biographic page.
- Pay the visa fee online using a credit/debit card.
- Sit back, relax, and wait for your e-visa to arrive in your email within 3 working days.
The process of waiting for a Vietnam E-Visa.
Obtaining a Vietnam E-Visa is a relatively straightforward process, but it’s important to understand the steps involved and be prepared for potential delays. Here’s a comprehensive guide to waiting for your Vietnam E-Visa:
Application and Processing Time
- Application: The first step is to complete the online application form on the official Vietnam E-Visa website. Ensure you provide accurate and complete information, as any errors may cause delays.
- Payment: After submitting the application, you’ll be directed to the payment page. Visa and MasterCard are the accepted payment methods.
- Processing: Once the payment is confirmed, your application will enter the processing queue. The standard processing time for Vietnam E-Visas is 3-5 working days. However, during peak seasons or due to unforeseen circumstances, processing times may be extended.
Monitoring the Status of Your Application
- Check Your Email: Regularly check your email for updates from the Vietnam Immigration Department regarding your application status.
- Track Your Application: You can also track the status of your application by visiting the E-Visa website and entering your application details.
Receiving Your E-Visa Approval Letter
- Email Notification: Once your E-Visa application is approved, you’ll receive an email notification with your approval letter attached.
- Downloading the Approval Letter: Save the PDF version of the approval letter to your computer or mobile device. You’ll need to present this letter at the Immigration counter upon arrival in Vietnam.
Tips for a Smooth E-Visa Application Process
- Apply Early: To avoid last-minute stress, apply for your E-Visa at least 2-3 weeks before your travel date.
- Double-Check Information: Review your application carefully to ensure all information is accurate and matches your passport details.
- High-Quality Photo: Upload a clear, high-resolution passport-sized photo following the specified guidelines.
- Proofread Application: Proofread your application thoroughly to eliminate any grammatical or spelling errors.
- Keep Records: Save copies of your application form, payment confirmation, and approval letter for future reference.
- Contact Support: If you encounter any issues or have questions, contact the E-Visa support team through their website or email.
By following these guidelines and being patient during the processing time, you can ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience when obtaining your Vietnam E-Visa.
What is the price of an E-Visa for Vietnam?
The price of an E-Visa for Vietnam depends on the type of visa and the processing time.
- Standard Processing (3-7 working days): USD 25
- Rush Processing (2-3 working days): USD 50
- Standard Processing (3-7 working days): USD 50
- Rush Processing (2-3 working days): USD 65
Please note that these are the fees charged by the Vietnamese government. You may also be charged additional fees by the website or agency that you use to apply for your E-Visa.
Here is a table summarizing the prices of single-entry and multiple-entry E-Visas for Vietnam:
|Type of Visa
Who’s on the Vietnam E-Visa Country List?
As of August 15, 2023, nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for a Vietnam e-visa. This is a significant change from the previous policy, which only allowed nationals of 80 countries to apply for an e-visa. The new policy is expected to boost tourism to Vietnam, as it will make it easier for travelers from all over the world to visit the country.
To apply for a Vietnam e-visa, you will need to have a valid passport with at least six months of validity remaining. You will also need to provide a digital photo of yourself and pay a visa fee. The processing time for an e-visa is typically three working days.
Once you have been approved for an e-visa, you will be able to enter Vietnam at any of the 33 designated ports of entry. Your e-visa will be valid for up to 90 days and will allow you to make multiple entries into Vietnam.
Can I Extend My Vietnam E-Visa?
No, you cannot currently extend your Vietnam E-Visa. This policy went into effect on August 15, 2023. If you wish to remain in Vietnam after your E-Visa expiry date, you will need to leave Vietnam and re-enter with a new E-Visa. This process is known as a “visa run.”
Here are the steps on how to do a visa run:
- Book a flight to a neighboring country. There are many countries that you can fly to from Vietnam, such as Cambodia, Laos, or Thailand.
- Spend at least 24 hours in the neighboring country. This will give you enough time to process your new E-Visa application.
- Apply for a new E-Visa. You can apply for a new E-Visa online at the Vietnam Immigration Department website.
- Enter Vietnam with your new E-Visa.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- The cost of a visa run will vary depending on the country you choose to fly to and the length of your stay.
- It is important to factor in the cost of flights, accommodation, and food when planning your visa run.
- You should apply for your new E-Visa well in advance of your return to Vietnam.
Is it possible for me to visit Vietnam multiple times using an e-Visa?
Yes, it is possible to visit Vietnam multiple times using an E-Visa. Starting from August 15, 2023, the Vietnamese government has introduced a new multiple-entry E-Visa option that allows travelers to enter and exit Vietnam multiple times within the validity period of their visa. The multiple-entry E-Visa is valid for up to 90 days from the date of first entry.
Here are the eligibility requirements for the multiple-entry E-Visa:
- You must be a citizen of one of the 81 eligible countries and territories.
- You must be traveling to Vietnam for tourism, business, or other permitted purposes.
- You must have a valid passport with at least six months of validity remaining from your intended date of departure from Vietnam.
To apply for the multiple-entry E-Visa, you will need to complete an online application form and provide the following documents:
- A scan of your passport photo page
- A recent digital photograph of yourself
- Proof of accommodation in Vietnam
- Proof of travel insurance
- Payment for the visa fee (USD 25)
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive your E-Visa via email within three to five business days. You will need to print your E-Visa and present it to immigration upon arrival in Vietnam.
Please note that the multiple-entry E-Visa is not valid for stays of more than 30 days per entry. If you wish to stay in Vietnam for longer than 30 days, you will need to apply for a different type of visa, such as a tourist visa or a business visa.
Here is a table summarizing the key information about the multiple-entry E-Visa:
|90 days from the date of first entry
|Number of entries
|3 to 5 business days
What is the process to verify the status of my Vietnam E-Visa?
To check what’s up with your Vietnam e-visa, hit up the official website of the Vietnam Immigration Department. Enter your application reference code and passport number, and voila! You can also reach out to their support team via email or phone if you need help with any visa-related stuff.
What Could Delay My Vietnam E-Visa Processing?
While Vietnam e-visas usually take around 3 working days, there are a few things that can slow down the process:
- Technical issues: If the online application system acts up, it might cause delays.
- Incomplete/incorrect info: Messing up your application form can result in a delay until everything’s sorted out.
- High volume: During busy travel times, there could be tons of e-visa applications, leading to processing delays.
List of check-points permitting foreigners’ entry into and exit from Vietnam with e-visas
AIRWAY BORDER GATES
- Noi Bai International Airport
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport
- Cam Ranh International Airport
- Da Nang International Airport
- Cat Bi International Airport
- Can Tho International Airport
- Phu Quoc International Airport
- Phu Bai International Airport
ROAD BORDER GATES
- Mong Cai International Border Gate (Quang Ninh province)
- Huu Nghi International Border Gate (Lang Son province)
- Lao Cai International Border Gate (Lao Cai province)
- Nam Can International Border Gate (Nghe An province)
- Cau Treo International Border Gate (Ha Tinh province)
- Cha Lo International Border Gate (Quang Binh province)
- Lao Bao International Border Gate (Quang Tri province)
- Bo Y International Border Gate (Kon Tum province)
- Moc Bai International Border Gate (Tay Ninh province)
- Xa Mat International Border Gate (Tay Ninh province)
- Tinh Bien International Border Gate (An Giang province)
- Song Tien International Border Gate (An Giang province)
- Ha Tien International Border Gate (Kien Giang province)
WATERWAY BORDER GATES
- Hon Gai Port Border Gate (Quang Ninh province)
- Hai Phong Port Border Gate (Hai Phong province)
- Nha Trang Port Border Gate (Khanh Hoa province)
- Da Nang Port Border Gate (Da Nang city)
- Quy Nhon Port Border Gate (Binh Dinh province)
- Vung Tau (Ba Ria – Vung Tau province)
- Ho Chi Minh City Port Border Gate (Ho Chi Minh City).
Vietnam e-visa Q&As:
How long does it take to get a Vietnam e-visa?
E-visa applications are typically processed within 1 to 3 working days. However, during peak periods, it may take up to 5 working days to process an application.
How long is a Vietnam e-visa valid for?
A Vietnam e-visa is valid for a maximum of 90 days and can be for single or multiple entry.
How much does a Vietnam e-visa cost?
The fee for a Vietnam e-visa is USD 25 for a single-entry visa valid for 30 days, USD 50 for a multiple-entry visa valid for 30 days, USD 95 for a multiple-entry visa valid for 6 months, and USD 135 for a multiple-entry visa valid for 12 months.
How can I apply for a Vietnam e-visa?
You can apply for a Vietnam e-visa online through the official website of the Vietnam Immigration Department:
What documents do I need to apply for a Vietnam e-visa?
To apply for a Vietnam e-visa, you will need to provide the following documents:
- A valid passport with at least 6 months remaining validity
- A recent digital passport-sized photo
- Proof of payment of the e-visa fee
Do I need to print my Vietnam e-visa?
No, you do not need to print your Vietnam e-visa. It is sufficient to save a copy of the e-visa approval letter on your electronic device and present it to the immigration officer upon arrival in Vietnam.
What happens if I lose my Vietnam e-visa approval letter?
If you lose your Vietnam e-visa approval letter, you can retrieve it by logging into your account on the official website of the Vietnam Immigration Department.