Are you planning a trip to Vietnam but not sure how to obtain a visa from Australia? Look no further! In this article, we will guide you through the process of obtaining a Vietnamese visa from Australia. We will cover different types of visas, requirements, fees, and application processes.
Types of Visas for Vietnam
Before applying for a Vietnam visa from Australia, it is important to understand the different types of visas available.
A tourist visa is suitable for those who plan to visit Vietnam for leisure or sightseeing purposes. This type of visa allows you to stay in Vietnam for a maximum of 30 days. If you plan to stay longer than 30 days, you can apply for a three-month, six-month, or one-year visa.
If you are traveling to Vietnam for business purposes, you will need a business visa. The validity period of a business visa can range from one month to one year.
If you plan to work in Vietnam, you will need a work visa. This type of visa requires sponsorship from an employer in Vietnam.
A transit visa is for those who will be in Vietnam for only a short period while en route to another destination.
Requirements for a Vietnam Visa from Australia
To apply for a Vietnam visa from Australia, you will need the following:
- A valid passport with at least six months of validity remaining
- Completed visa application form
- Two passport-sized photos (4cm x 6cm)
- Visa application fee
For some types of visas, you may also need additional documents such as an invitation letter, a business introduction letter, or a work permit.
How to Obtain a Vietnam Visa from Australia
There are two ways to obtain a Vietnam visa from Australia:
Apply in-person at the Embassy or Consulate of Vietnam
- Visit the Embassy or Consulate of Vietnam in person
- Submit your visa application form, passport, photos, and fees
- Wait for your visa to be processed
Apply online for an eVisa
- Visit the official website of the Vietnamese government for eVisa application (https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt)
- Fill out the application form with required information
- Upload passport photo and passport scan
- Pay the visa fee through online payment gateway
- Receive visa approval letter via email within 3 business days
- Print visa approval letter and bring it along with your passport when entering Vietnam.
Vietnam Visa Fees
The fee for a Vietnam visa from Australia varies depending on the type of visa and processing time.
Tourist visa fees
- Single-entry: $25 USD
- Multiple-entry 1 month: $50 USD
- Multiple-entry 3 months: $90 USD
- Multiple-entry 6 months: $120 USD
- Multiple-entry 1 year: $160 USD
Business visa fees
- Single-entry: $80 USD
- Multiple-entry 1 month: $85 USD
- Multiple-entry 3 months: $100 USD
- Multiple-entry 6 months: $150 USD
- Multiple-entry 1 year: $180 USD
Work visa fees
- Single-entry: $110 USD
- Multiple-entry 3 months: $140 USD
- Multiple-entry 6 months: $240 USD
- Multiple-entry 1 year: $360 USD
Vietnam Visa Exemption for Australians
Australian citizens can enter Vietnam without a visa if they meet the following requirements:
- Stay in Vietnam for less than 15 days
- Have a passport valid for at least six months from the entry date
- Have a return ticket or onward ticket
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long does it take to process a Vietnam visa from Australia?
The processing time for a Vietnam visa can vary depending on the type of visa and the method of application. Typically, it takes 3-5 business days to process a visa applied in person at the embassy/consulate, and 3 business days to process an eVisa.
2. Can I extend my Vietnam visa?
Yes, it is possible to extend your visa while in Vietnam. However, you must do so before your current visa expires.
3. What if my visa application is denied?
If your visa application is denied, you may be able to appeal the decision or apply for another type of visa. It is recommended to consult with a visa agent or immigration lawyer for guidance.
4. Do I need a visa to enter other countries after visiting Vietnam?
It depends on the country you plan to visit. It is recommended to check the visa requirements of the country you plan to visit beforehand.
5. Can I apply for a Vietnam visa upon arrival?
No,applying for a Vietnam visa upon arrival is not available for Australian citizens. You must obtain your visa before arriving in Vietnam either through the embassy/consulate or online via eVisa.
Obtaining a Vietnam visa from Australia doesn’t have to be stressful or confusing. By following the guidelines and steps outlined in this article, you can successfully apply for a visa and enjoy your trip to Vietnam. Whether you’re traveling for leisure, business, or work, make sure to gather all the necessary documents and information beforehand to ensure a smooth application process.