Vietnam Tourist e-Visa are simple, online visa approval process available to citizens of 80 countries. Payment and delivery of the e-Visa is done entirely online and takes three working days. This article lists everything you need to know about applying for Vietnam’s e-Visa tourist.
The Vietnam e-visa is an electronic visa that allows foreign citizens to enter Vietnam for tourism purposes. It is a convenient and affordable way to obtain a visa for Vietnam, and it can be applied for online from anywhere in the world.
Who can apply for an e-Visa?
Citizens of most countries can apply for an e-Visa to Vietnam. You can check the list of eligible countries on the official website of the Vietnam Immigration Department.
How to Apply for a Vietnam Tourist e-Visa
To apply for a Vietnam tourist e-visa, you will need to follow these steps:
- Visit the official Vietnam Immigration Department website
- Select “Electronic Visa” from the menu.
- Select “For Foreigner”.
- Tick the confirmation box and click “Continue”.
- Complete the online application form.
- Upload a scanned copy of your passport’s personal information page.
- Upload a recent passport-sized photo.
- Pay the visa fee of US$25.
- Submit your application.
Requirements for a Vietnam Tourist e-Visa
To be eligible for a Vietnam tourist e-visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for a Vietnam tourist e-visa.
- Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your intended date of departure from Vietnam.
- You must have at least two blank pages in your passport.
- You must have a return ticket or onward travel ticket.
How long does it take to process an e-Visa application?
E-Visa applications are usually processed within 3 working days. However, it is advisable to apply for your e-Visa at least 15 days before your travel date to allow for any delays.
How long is an e-Visa valid for?
E-Visas are valid for up to 90 days from the date of issue. You can enter Vietnam multiple times during the validity period of your e-Visa.
What are the ports of entry for e-Visa holders?
E-Visa holders can enter Vietnam through any of the following international airports:
- Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi)
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Da Nang International Airport
- Cam Ranh International Airport
- Cat Bi International Airport (Hai Phong)
- Phu Bai International Airport (Hue)
- Van Don International Airport (Quang Ninh)
- Phu Cat International Airport (Quy Nhon)
- Lien Khuong International Airport (Da Lat)
What documents do I need to present at immigration?
When you arrive at the airport in Vietnam, you will need to present the following documents to the immigration officer:
- Your passport
- Your printed e-Visa
- A copy of your travel insurance policy
What are the benefits of using an e-visa?
There are several benefits to using an e-Visa to enter Vietnam, including:
- Convenience: You can apply for an e-Visa from the comfort of your home.
- Speed: E-Visa applications are usually processed within 3 working days.
- Cost: E-Visas are more affordable than traditional visas.
- Flexibility: E-Visas allow you to enter Vietnam multiple times during the validity period of your visa.
Vietnam Tourist e-Visa Q&As
Who is eligible for a Vietnam Tourist e-Visa?
Citizens of all countries are eligible for a Vietnam Tourist e-Visa, except for citizens of the following countries:
How do I apply for a Vietnam Tourist e-Visa?
You can apply for a Vietnam Tourist e-Visa online at the official website of the Vietnam Immigration Department: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt
The application process is simple and straightforward. You will need to provide the following information:
- Your personal details, such as your name, date of birth, and passport number
- Your travel details, such as your planned arrival date and departure date
- Your accommodation details, if you have them
- A digital photo of yourself
Once you have submitted your application, you will need to pay the visa fee. The fee is non-refundable, so please make sure that all of the information you have provided is correct.
How long does it take to process a Vietnam Tourist e-Visa application?
Most Vietnam Tourist e-Visa applications are processed within three working days. However, it is possible that your application could take longer, so please allow enough time for your application to be processed before your trip.
How do I receive my Vietnam Tourist e-Visa?
Once your application has been approved, you will receive an email notification with your e-Visa attached. You can print out your e-Visa and bring it with you on your trip to Vietnam.
What do I need to do when I arrive in Vietnam with a Vietnam Tourist e-Visa?
Upon arrival in Vietnam, you will need to present your printed e-Visa and your passport to the immigration officer at the airport or border crossing. You will also need to provide a fingerprint scan.
Do I need to print out my Vietnam Tourist e-Visa?
Yes, you must print out your Vietnam Tourist e-Visa and bring it with you on your trip to Vietnam. You will need to present your e-Visa to the immigration officer upon arrival in Vietnam.
Can I extend my Vietnam Tourist e-Visa?
No, you cannot extend your Vietnam Tourist e-Visa. If you need to stay in Vietnam for longer than 90 days, you will need to apply for a different type of visa.
Can I change my Vietnam Tourist e-Visa after it has been issued?
Yes, you can change your Vietnam Tourist e-Visa after it has been issued. However, you will need to pay a processing fee.
What should I do if I lose my Vietnam Tourist e-Visa?
If you lose your Vietnam Tourist e-Visa, you can print out another copy from the email notification that you received when your application was approved.
Tips for Urgent Vietnam Tourist e-Visa
1. Apply as early as possible: Even though urgent e-visa processing can be expedited, it’s still crucial to apply as early as possible to minimize any potential delays. This allows ample time for the Department of Immigration to review your application and ensures you receive your visa approval letter in time for your trip.
2. Choose a reputable visa service provider: Utilize a reputable visa service provider that specializes in handling urgent Vietnam e-visa applications. These providers have the experience and expertise to streamline the process and ensure your application receives priority attention.
3. Prepare all required documents: Before starting the application process, gather all the necessary documents, including your passport photo page, a passport-sized photo, and a valid credit card. Ensure your passport is valid for at least six months beyond your intended stay in Vietnam.
4. Select the “Urgent” processing option: When submitting your e-visa application, clearly indicate that you require urgent processing. This will prioritize your application and expedite the approval process.
5. Be responsive to communication: Stay attentive to any communication from the visa service provider or the Department of Immigration. Promptly respond to any inquiries or requests for additional information to avoid delays.
6. Consider using a 24/7 support service: Opt for a visa service provider that offers 24/7 support in case you encounter any issues or have questions during the application process.
7. Have a backup plan: In case of unforeseen circumstances, consider having a backup plan, such as applying for a visa on arrival (VOA) if you are traveling by air. However, note that VOA processing may take longer and may not be available at all airports in Vietnam.