Vietnam is becoming more and more popular as a tourist destination due to its stunning natural scenery, delicious food, cultural heritage, and affordability. However, having the proper visa is essential for visiting Vietnam.
For people from certain countries, it can take 3-5 business days to process a regular Vietnam visa. However, if you need a visa urgently for an upcoming trip, expedited options are available.
This article will explain everything you need to know about getting an expedited visa for Vietnam. We’ll cover:
- Types of expedited Vietnam visa options
- How to apply for an expedited Vietnam visa
- Tips for getting your expedited visa quickly
- Frequently asked questions
Understanding the expedited visa process ahead of time will help ensure your Vietnam trip goes smoothly. Let’s get started!
Types of expedited Vietnam visa options
There are a few different ways to get an expedited visa for Vietnam:
- Visa on arrival: This allows you to receive a visa when you arrive at an international airport in Vietnam. It takes 1-2 days to process.
- E-visa: This online visa takes just 1-3 days to process and is valid for 30 days.
- Visa application service: Third-party visa services can get visas processed in as little as 24 hours for an extra fee.
- Vietnamese embassy/consulate express service: Some Vietnamese embassies and consulates offer expedited 1-3 day visa processing for an additional cost.
How to apply for an expedited Vietnam visa
The easiest and fastest way to get an expedited Vietnam visa is to apply for an e-visa online. Here are the steps:
- Find an authorized Vietnam e-visa website. Only use government-approved sites.
- Complete the online e-visa application form. You’ll need to upload a passport photo.
- Make the visa fee payment securely online. Expedited processing costs an extra $20-$30.
- Receive approval letter via email within 1-3 days. Print multiple copies.
- Present the approval letter at immigration when you arrive in Vietnam.
Using an online visa service is the quickest option if you have a tight travel timeframe. Be sure to apply at least 3-5 days in advance.
Tips for getting your expedited visa quickly
Follow these tips to ensure the visa process goes smoothly and quickly:
- Provide complete and accurate information on the application. Any errors will cause delays.
- Pay all fees upfront. Vietnam will not start processing until full payment is received.
- Only use government-authorized websites to avoid scams. Check for a “DOT”registration number.
- Be ready to pay extra for expedited processing and shipping of documents.
- Send a politely-worded follow-up email after 2 days if you have not received updates.
- Check visa status online before traveling and print multiple approval letter copies.
Frequently asked questions
Here are answers to some common expedited Vietnam visa questions:
- How much does an expedited e-visa cost? Regular fee is $25, expedited is $50-$55.
- What is the fastest I can get a visa? E-visas take just 1 day with expedited processing but you must apply 3-5 days in advance.
- Can I get approved for rush processing? Yes, e-visa websites offer guaranteed urgent processing if you meet the requirements.
- Can I expedite a visa at the airport? No, you must get approval in advance through e-visa, embassy or visa service. No same-day airport visas.
- Do I need a visa approval letter? Yes, printed approval letter is essential to show immigration officers when entering Vietnam.
Getting an expedited visa for Vietnam is easy and fast with the right approach. Apply online in advance, pay for rush processing, and carefully follow all instructions. This will ensure you receive your visa quickly and enjoy a stress-free Vietnam trip.
Ways to Get a Vietnam Visa Quickly
There are a few options for expediting your Vietnam visa application to get it faster than the standard processing time:
E-visas allow you to apply online and are available to citizens of over 80 countries. While standard e-visa processing takes 2-3 business days, paying for expedited service reduces the wait to just 1 business day.
E-visas are single-entry visas valid for 30 days. You can enter Vietnam at any port of entry.
Expedited Visa On Arrival
If you’re flying into Vietnam, citizens of most countries are eligible for a visa on arrival. Instead of waiting the standard 1-2 hours, you can request expedited service and receive your visa in just 4-8 hours.
Visas on arrival allow one entry and are valid for 30 days. You’ll need pre-approval via a visa letter before arriving.
Expedited Visa Through Agency
Visa agencies can get Vietnam visas processed in 24 hours or less by working directly with the embassy. However, this is the most expensive option.
Agencies offer single- or multiple-entry visas valid for 1-3 months. You’ll pay processing fees on top of the regular visa fees.
How to Apply for an Expedited Vietnam Visa
Getting an expedited Vietnam visa is straightforward if you follow these steps:
- Use an accredited e-visa site and choose expedited processing.
- Fill out the online form with your details.
- Upload passport scans and other documents.
- Pay the visa fees plus the rush processing fee.
- Get the approval email within 1 business day.
Quick Visa On Arrival
- Get pre-approval from the immigration department directly.
- Pay the visa fees and the expedited processing fee.
- Get the approval letter in 4-8 hours via email.
- Show the letter when you arrive in Vietnam to get the visa.
Expedited Visa Via Agency
- Contact an agency and ask for rushed processing.
- Submit the form and your passport to them.
- Pay the processing, visa, and expedited fees.
- The agency will get your approved visa in 24 hours.
No matter the expedited visa type, apply early in case of delays.
Here is the rewritten article in markdown format:
Tips for Getting Your Expedited Vietnam Visa Quickly
Follow these tips to ensure the fastest turnaround on your expedited Vietnam visa:
- Check visa requirements early – Processing times can vary by nationality, so research requirements for your citizenship early.
- Prepare a complete application – Any errors or missing information on your application will slow things down, so double check that you have included all required documents and info.
- Pay in full upfront – Underpayment or unpaid application fees will delay processing, so be sure to pay the full expedited visa fee upfront.
- Book refundable flights/hotels – In case there are unexpected delays with your visa, book refundable or flexible travel plans.
- Avoid weekends/holidays – Visa applications are not processed on Vietnamese weekends or holidays, so factor those dates in.
- Apply at least 1 week before departure – Build in an extra buffer of time by applying at least 1 week before your trip in case of delays.
- Follow up politely if needed – It’s okay to follow up on your application status, but avoid excessive pestering.
Here is a rewritten version of the article using a friendly tone and markdown formatting:
Frequently Asked Questions About Getting a Vietnam Visa Quickly
How quickly can I get a visa for Vietnam?
With expedited processing, you can obtain a Vietnam visa in as little as 1 business day for e-visas or 4-8 hours for visas on arrival. Visa agencies can get you a visa in 24 hours if you need it really fast.
How long does it take to get a visa for Vietnam normally?
The standard processing time for regular Vietnam visas is 3-5 business days. Going with expedited service can shorten this time significantly if you need your visa faster.
How long can you get a visa for Vietnam valid for?
E-visas and visas on arrival allow you to stay for up to 30 days. Visa agencies can get you visas valid for 1-3 months if you need a longer stay.
Can I get a fast track Vietnam visa?
Yes, expedited processing of e-visas, visas on arrival, and agency visas offers fast track visa options. Extra fees do apply for the faster service though.
How much does an expedited Vietnam visa cost?
Expedited e-visas and visas on arrival cost an extra $25-100 on top of the normal fees. Agency processing fees for expedited visas run around $50-200 extra.
Embarking on a spontaneous trip to Vietnam can still be an amazing experience! While planning last minute does limit your visa options, there are still expedited services that can get your visa issued within as little as 1 day.
E-visas, visas on arrival, and fast-track processing through visa agencies are all viable options for obtaining your visa quickly. Just be diligent about applying early, submitting a complete application, and meeting all requirements. This will help ensure the fastest turnaround time.
Though last-minute, your Vietnam adventure can still be incredible with an expedited visa in hand. Safe travels and enjoy every moment in this diverse, fascinating country!