Do Romanian need a visa to visit Vietnam?
Romania is not in Vietnam Exemption list so if you are Romanian citizen, you are required a Vietnam visa to visit Vietnam. Applying for Vietnam visa is the first one in list Vietnam Visa Requirements for Romanian citizens, it allows you to obtain in 2 ways: Getting Vietnam visa by visiting Vietnam embassy in Romania or applying online for a visa on arrival to Vietnam from Romania.
Please find for a detailed guide to apply Vietnam visa in 2 ways in Do Romanian citizens need a visa to Vietnam?
Are you not Romanian citizens but living in Romania? We give you the table below to know whether your nationality needs a Vietnam visa or not.
List of countries exempt from the visa to enter Vietnam
These are information about applying Vietnam visa:
– Our website Vietnam Embassy in Romania will supply you with embassy’s address in case you want to apply directly. This website is provided for information and service purpose.
– Required documents are your passport with at least 6 months validity and 2 blanked left pages, 2 passport-sized photos, stamping fees.
– Processing time: 5-7 working days
– A visa agent can help you to apply visa on arrival Vietnam. This kind of visa is helpful for those living far away from the Vietnam Embassy and do not want to lose the documents (passport, money or documents) by postal mail or traffic jam once visiting Vietnam Embassy. Instead of visiting embassy twice to complete process, you will pick up your visa at one of Vietnam International Airports.
Stamping Vietnam Visa at Vietnam international airport
After having approval letter via email when you apply visa on arrival, you can get your visa stamped at Vietnam international at one of Vietnam international airport gates. Remember, you can only stamp Vietnam visa whenever you apply online and travel to Vietnam by air.
Ports of entry that permit the use of a Vietnam visa on arrival for Romania
- Noi Bai International Airport (Ha Noi)
- Cat Bi International Airport (Hai Phong)
- Da Nang International Airport
- Cam Ranh International Airport (Khanh Hoa)
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Can Tho International Airport
- Phu Bai International Airport
- Phu Quoc International Airport
Passenger should prepare the following documents to stamp Visa at the airport:
– Visa Approval Letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Department (which had been sent to your email)
– Immigration Form
– Passport and remaining period of over 6 months, with at least 2 blank pages
– Two 4×6 photos with white background, taken within 6 months and without glasses
– Stamping fee
Applying visa on arrival will allow you to use extra service such as FAST TRACK service with quick support for stamping visa at Vietnam airports, CAR PICK UP, BOOKING HOTEL, BOOKING TOUR,…which can make your trip to Vietnam be more convenient.
How much you need to pay for visa or for service? Please kindly read Vietnam Visa Fee.
Vietnam Visa Requirements for Romanian citizens to work
The second one in Vietnam Visa Requirements for Romanian citizens is work permit. This is a permission that allow Romanian employees to work and stay in Vietnam for a long time, because they do not enter Vietnam with tourism purpose.
What you need to notice to respond Vietnam Visa Requirements for Romanian citizens to work:
- Let the visa agent know if you do not have a Company in Vietnam agreed to guarantee, they can handle trade visa instead.
- Dossier set submitted to apply for Visa is irrevocable so at that time visitors must still pay fee as normal
- In case Visa cannot be obtained by visa agent’s fault, they will: redo or correct free of charge or refund as required by passenger
- When obtaining Visa, applicants can fly or travel by road or waterway from Romania or from other countries to Vietnam.
Vietnam visa extension for Romanian nationals
According to the published provisions of the Government of Vietnam, foreigners in general and Romanian passport holders in particular are only allowed to stay in Vietnam for a permitted period, based on the date on your visa. You need to care this date because whoever has visa expired without further extension, he/she will be punished due to overdue visa, can be deported from Vietnam and listed on the entry blacklist.
When you enter Vietnam Tan Son Nhat border gate in Ho Chi Minh City, Moc Bai border gate Tay Ninh Province, you will easily extend your visa and save cost than Noi Bai border gate in Hanoi or Da Nang and Nha Trang.
Procedures for Vietnam Visa extension for Romanian passport holders with the purpose of trade, tourism, and work are different.
Some notes on visa extension:
– Procedures of Visa extension depend on your purpose of the latest entry visa
– Vietnam border gate where travelers enters will determine extension cost
– The latest date of entry will impact substantial on extension cost
– Travelers should provide visa agent with number of extensions and places of extension.