A Vietnam visa is needed when foreigners traveling, working visiting relatives or entering Vietnam enter this country and stay for long time. Of course, when the visa is about to expire and he/she wants to continue staying in Vietnam, he/she have to extend visa. With this article, we will supply you everything you need to know about the Extension Vietnam visa from Thailand.
While you are in Vietnam, the visa extension is only practicable for tourist visas. You can also receive only a single entry visa though your previous one was multiple-entry. Nevertheless, you are allowed to extend your visa several times.
If you are planning to travel from Thailand to Vietnam, you may need to obtain a visa in order to enter the country. The process of obtaining a Vietnam visa can seem daunting, but with the right information and preparation, it can be a smooth and hassle-free experience.
To extend your Vietnam visa from Thailand, you have two options:
Option 1: Apply for an e-Visa extension The easiest way to extend your Vietnam visa from Thailand is to apply for an e-Visa extension. An e-Visa is an electronic visa that can be obtained online without having to visit a Vietnamese embassy or consulate. To apply for an e-Visa extension, you will need to:
- Create an account on the Vietnam Immigration Department website.
- Fill out an online application form.
- Upload a scanned copy of your passport.
- Upload a passport-sized photo.
- Pay a processing fee.
The processing time for an e-Visa extension is usually 2-3 working days. Once your application is approved, you will receive an approval letter. You will need to print out the approval letter and bring it with you to Vietnam. When you arrive at a Vietnam international airport, present the approval letter, your passport, and two passport-sized photos (4×6 cm or 2×2 inches) to get your visa stamped.
Option 2: Apply for a visa extension at a Vietnamese embassy or consulate in Thailand You can also apply for a visa extension at a Vietnamese embassy or consulate in Thailand. To apply for a visa extension in person, you will need to:
- Fill out a visa application form.
- Submit your passport.
- Submit two passport-sized photos.
- Pay a processing fee.
The processing time for a visa extension at a Vietnamese embassy or consulate in Thailand is usually 3-5 working days. Once your application is approved, you will receive your passport with your new visa sticker.
Requirements For Vietnam Visa Extension
To extend your visa in Vietnam, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the desired extension period.
- You must have a completed and signed application form NA5.
- You must have two passport-sized photos.
- You must pay the visa extension fee.
- You must provide proof of accommodation in Vietnam.
- You must provide proof of onward travel from Vietnam.
- You must not have committed any crimes in Vietnam.
In addition to the above requirements, you may also need to provide the following documents, depending on the type of visa you are extending:
- For a business visa extension, you will need to provide a letter of invitation from a Vietnamese company.
- For a work visa extension, you will need to provide a work permit from the Vietnamese government.
- For a study visa extension, you will need to provide an enrollment certificate from a Vietnamese university.
You can apply for a visa extension at the Vietnam Immigration Department in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, or at a Vietnamese embassy or consulate abroad. The processing time for a visa extension is typically 1-2 weeks.
Here are some tips for extending your visa in Vietnam:
- Start the process early. It is best to apply for a visa extension at least 30 days before your current visa expires.
- Make sure you have all of the required documents.
- Be prepared to pay the visa extension fee. The fee varies depending on the type of visa you are extending and the length of the extension.
- Be patient. The processing time for a visa extension can take several weeks.
Where To Get a Vietnam Visa Extension?
You can get a visa agency to extend your Vietnam visa for you or pay a visit to the Vietnam Immigration Office in Vietnam. Their addresses are:
- Vietnam immigration Department In Hanoi city: No. 40A Hang Bai Str., Hoan Kiem Dist., Ha Noi
- Vietnam immigration Department In Da Nang city: No. 7 Tran Quy Cap Str., Da Nang
- Vietnam immigration Department In Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) city: No. 254 Nguyen Trai Str., Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh City.
For your convenience, we would like to give you the contact information of the Vietnam Embassy in Thailand as below:
Embassy of Vietnam in Bangkok, Thailand
- Address: 83/1 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, THAILAND
- Phone: (662) 267 9602
- Fax: (662) 254 4630
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://vietnamembassy-thailand.org/en/
- Office hours for the public: 8h30 – 11h30; 13h30 -16h30 from Monday to Friday (Except Vietnamese and Thai public holidays).
Consulate General of Vietnam in KHON KAEN, Thailand
- Address: 65/6 Chatapadung, Khonkaen 40000, THAILAND
- Phone: (66) 4324 2190
- Fax: (66) 4324 1154
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vietnam Visa Renewal
A Renewal Visa refers to the issuance of a new visa stamp and sticker on your passport, granting you permission for an extended duration. This period is typically valid for a maximum of 3 months. It should be noted that the fee for renewing a visa is higher than that of extending it, as it includes additional costs such as stamping and sticker fees. The option for visa renewal is available to individuals who…
- Entered Vietnam with visa exemption.
- Has current visa is not correspondent to your staying extending requirement. If you would like to upgrade your current visa from 1 month to 3 months, you have to apply to renew 3 3-month single entry or 3 3-month multiple entry.
- If you would like to upgrade your current visa from single entry to multiple entry, you have to apply to renew visa.
- Wish to get a multiple entry visa in 1 month and 3 months.
When getting a new Vietnam visa, instead of going Embassy/ Consulate, you can apply for a visa in an easy way: Just staying at home, accessing the Internet, and doing some simple steps, you, as well, will get a Vietnam Visa. By this way, you can apply online anywhere, no matter what your nationality is and where you are. That means you can get a Visa Agent to help you get a Vietnam Visa on Arrival and Visa stamped at Vietnam International Airport.
Vietnam visa service fees will depend on the service you choose. Process time is from 1 to 2 working days. In urgent service, you can get visa in 4 to 8 working hours and in rush cases, it takes you from 30 minutes to 1 working hour.
Applying Vietnam visa on Arrival or Business Vietnam visa, you can get your Vietnam visa in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Hua Hin, Sukhothai, Krabi, Ayutthaya, Kanchanaburi or any cities in Thailand. Let’s apply visa at visaonlinevietnam.com!
The website www.VisaOnlineVietnam.com is managed by VIETNAM VISA SERVICE., Co. LTD VIETNAM, a company with over two decades of experience in providing visa services and travel arrangements. Its main purpose is to provide visa applicants with the most convenient and affordable services that adhere to high standards of Quality, safety, and Security; Reliability, Prompt Responses, Competitive Prices, and a Customer-Focused Approach. This website aims to save applicants’ time while ensuring their satisfaction.
In case there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at